(Good Things Utah) Today we are cooking up Southern Buttermilk Waffles and we have Paul here to make a drink that would pair perfectly!
Not only are we cooking up something fun but Chef Lindy and Paul Hill from Sip and Vibe SLC, we also have a Special Announcement!! These two have decided to partner up for cooking classes with special drinks you can pair with each meal.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees; set a rack on a baking sheet, and place in oven. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together buttermilk, butter, and eggs; add flour mixture, and mix just until batter is combined.
- Heat waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions; brush with oil. Pour batter onto iron (amount depends on iron size), leaving a 1/2-inch border on all sides (spread batter if necessary). Close iron; cook until waffles are golden brown and crisp, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer to rack in oven to keep warm; repeat with remaining batter.