Slow-Cooker Chicken Green Chili
Chef Lesli Sommerdorf from Harmons shows how to make a warm meal that can serve up to 6-8 people. For more recipes like this check out harmonsgrocery.com
- 3 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 lb Russet potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 1″ cubes
- 1 (16-oz) jar tomatillo salsa
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 (15.5-oz) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado, pitted, sliced, and cubed
- Sour cream
- Broken tortilla pieces
- In a slow cooker, combine chicken, onions, potatoes, salsa, broth, and cumin.
- Season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook until chicken shreds easily with a fork and potatoes are tender, about 4 hours on high or 6 hours on low.
- Add beans and cilantro during last 30 minutes of cooking.
- Shred chicken in slow cooker with 2 forks.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve topped with avocado, sour cream, and tortilla pieces.