Simplified Quiche Lorraine
This Julia Child’s classic gets a punch of flavor and a simplified twist in this made for springtime recipe.
- 1 layer pastry dough
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 cup Gruyere cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Fit the pastry into a deep-dish pie pan.
- Sprinkle the bacon onto the bottom layer of the pastry.
- Beat together the eggs, half and half, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Pour the eggs over the bacon and sprinkle with the shredded cheese.
- Bake the quiche for 45-50 minutes, until the eggs are set in the middle.
- Cool slightly and serve.
Visit www.SimplifySupper.com for more recipes, meal plans and grocery lists + coupons.
This story includes sponsored content.