Krista Numbers whipped us up her amazing and festive seasonal salad today in the kitchen. She shared her tasty recipe for her roasted beet and apple salad.
Roasted Beet and Apple Salad
- 2 beets
- 1 apple, cut into one inch cubes
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 Tbs Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbs maple syrup
- 2 Tbs champagne wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Trim beets, leave one inch of the stem.
- Coat lightly with olive oil.
- Wrap tightly in aluminum foil and place on a baking sheet in the preheated oven.
- Roast until tender and easily pierced with a knife, about one hour.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Slip off the skins with a paring knife and cut the stem. Dice beets into one inch cubes.
- Mix beets, chopped apple and olive oil in a mixing bowl.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a salad plate, top with chopped walnuts, crumbled feta cheese and a little of bot maple vinaigrette.
- MIx Dijon mustard, maple syrup and champagne wine vinegar.
- Serve on top of salad.
For more recipes from Krista, you can visit simplifysupper.com.
This segment includes sponsored content.