Reagan shared her favorite meatball recipe.
- 2 lbs extra lean ground turkey
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 C old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 1/2 C red onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh ginger, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 C fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 C fresh basil or cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 C zucchini, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped (leave the seeds in for extra spice)
- 1/2 C red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. red chili pepper flakes
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, egg whites and oatmeal through to red chili pepper flakes. Using your hands, work the vegetables, egg whites, oatmeal, herbs and spices into the meat.
- On a pan coated with cooking spray, separate the meat into 7 fist sized meatballs.
- Cook for 45 minutes or until cooked through.