If you’re looking for something sweet to cure your cravings, this recipe is for you! Shannon, from Plum Street Collective, joined us to share her recipe for raspberry sweet rolls.
Raspberry Sweet Rolls
Ingredients for the dough:
- 4 tbsp active dry yeast
- 2 c. warm water
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1/3 c. melted butter
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2/3 c. nonfat dry milk
- 1 egg
- 6 c. flour
Raspberry filling ingredients:
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 3 c. raspberries
- 1/3 c. white sugar
- 3 tsp. cornstarch
Cream cheese frosting:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened (1 block)
- 1/3 c. butter, softened
- 4 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Milk or heavy cream
- Zest of 1 lemon
Instructions for the dough:
- Dissolve yeast in warm water for 2 minutes.
- Add all ingredients except 3-4 cups of flour in a stand mixer, and mix with dough hook until smooth.
- Gradually add the remaining flour and mix until just combined.
- Turn dough out onto floured surface and knead gently until dough is soft and incorporated.
- Place dough in a greased bowl, cover with a towel or plastic wrap, and let rise until doubled, about an hour.
Instructions for the rolls and frosting:
- After dough has risen, punch down and knead into ball. Roll out onto floured surface. Roll into a large rectangular shape, about 1/2″ thick.
- In a separate bowl, mix raspberries with white sugar and cornstarch. Mix gently until berries are mashed and ingredients are well combined. Keep raspberry mixture very cold until ready to use. If it’s cold it will be a lot less messy. Frozen raspberries work great.
- Spread butter for filling onto rectangular shaped dough. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Then evenly spread raspberry mixture across dough.
- Roll dough gently into vertical log. Cut dough at approximately every 1 inch to make 12-18 rolls depending on how big each roll is. Place in a pan that is coated with cooking spray and lined with parchment paper.
- Cover and let rise for 30-40 more minutes until doubled in size.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes (depending on size of rolls). Once the tops are a golden brown, they are done.
- While rolls are baking, prepare cream cheese frosting. In a stand mixer whip butter and cream cheese on high speed, until fully incorporated.
- Then turn down the speed and add the powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, alternating with milk or cream (1 tbsp at a time). Add vanilla. Continue adding powdered sugar and milk until you get a smooth consistency. Set aside until rolls are done.
- When the rolls are light brown on top they are done! (If they’re not brown on top they won’t be cooked enough inside.)
- Remove from oven and frost immediately!
- Enjoy this delicious treat!
For more sweet recipes visit Shannon’s Instagram: @plumstreetcollective or plumstreetcollective.com.