Local baker Katelyn Brewer joined us to share her yummy, sweet cupcake recipe! Visit sweetkatebakery.com or Instagram: @sweetkatebake to see more of Katelyn’s fabulous creations!
Raspberry Peach Lemonade Cupcakes
Yield: 12 cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup peach puree
- ¼ cup raspberry puree
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ cup milk
- 1 drop of orange food coloring
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake pan with paper liners; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time; scrape down bowl, and beat in vanilla, lemon juice, lemon zest and purees.
- Add flour mixture and milk alternately, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Finally add food coloring to desired color.
- Divide batter evenly among liners, about three-quarters full each.
- Bake until golden and tops spring back to touch, about 17 minutes.
- Beat your butter until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add in your sifted powdered sugar till well combined.
- Add in your vanilla and wip.