Ronda Vincent is a busy mother of four children. She enjoys cooking fresh, fun food as long as it doesn’t take all day! She learned about this recipe during a cooking class in Paris, France. It uses simple, fresh ingredients and has no sugar. The beauty of this recipe is that you can throw in whatever veggies you like and after the puree, your kids won’t know the difference.
Parisian Pâtes (Pasta) Sauce
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1 medium white onion
- 1 large orange (or red) pepper
- ½ sweet potato (peeled)
- 1 Large carrot (or about 6 baby carrots)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons salt
- pinch garlic powder
- pepper to taste
- Chop all ingredients and place in large sauce pan.
- Cover with chicken broth and add the salt and pepper.
- Bring to low boil and simmer until the veggies are soft.
- Cool enough to place in blender and then puree everything together.
- Pour mixture back into sauce pan and simmer on low for about 30 minutes or until you reach the desired thickness.
- Use on tortellini, favorite pasta, chicken or veggies.