Monster Cupcakes with Raspberry Guts
Makes 24 cupcakes
- 16 oz frozen raspberries (thawed)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Batch of cupcakes
- Batch of buttercream frosting
- Food coloring
- Candy eyes
- Drain raspberries reserving raspberry juice.
- Combine juice with the water to equal 1 1/4 cups.
- Pour liquid into saucepan and combine with sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice.
- Stir over medium heat until mixture thickens (about 5 minutes).
- Let filling cool then fold in raspberries.
- Core cupcakes with knife or found frosting tip.
- Fill center of cupcake with spoonfuls of raspberry filling.
- Cover filling with top of cupcake core.
- Place a glass tip (Wiltons 233) on a piping bag filled with colored buttercream.
- Pipe patches of fur starting in the center of the cupcake moving to the edge.
- Add candy eyes to complete your monster cupcake.
- Take a bite to see the delicious monster guts ooze out!
Follow make The World Sweet Again on social media at @maketheworldsweet