Heather Prine with The Brass Tag of Deer Valley Resort came into today to share with us her recipe for Mango BBQ Pork Ribs and tell us about the annual Dine About event happening in Park City.
Mango BBQ Pork Ribs
Mango BBQ Sauce:
- 4 cups Mango Chutney
- 1 cup Barbeque sauce
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Lightly cook the onions and garlic until transparent in a tbs of oil.
- Add the chutney and barbeque sauce and simmer for about 15 minutes. More barbeque or chutney may be added to adjust flavor.
- 8 cups small diced fresh or frozen mangos
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 2 tbs minced ginger
- ¼ cup diced bell pepper
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- optional: 1-2 tsp mild Madras curry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Saute the pepper, opinion and ginger in 1 tbs of oil until transparent
- Add all other ingredients except the raisins
- Simmer for about 30 minutes then add the raisins and remove from heat. The chutney can be stored in the refrigerator for several days.
- 1/3 cup diced red pepper
- 1/3 cup diced green pepper
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 4 cups ketchup
- 2 tbs molasses
- 1/8 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Salt, pepper and cayenne pepper to taste
- Saute the diced peppers and onions in about 1 tbs oil or butter until transparent
- Add all other ingredients and simmer for about 30 minutes. The barbeque sauce can be stored in the refrigerator for several days.
Braised Ribs (2 racks):
- 1 qt of mango barbeque sauce
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup honey
- Place ribs in a braising pan with a rack in the bottom.
- Add all the braising liquid, cover and simmer for 3 hours at 250 degrees. Check to see if tender.
- You may need to braise for another hour or more depending on how tender you like your ribs.
- You may also cook the ribs in a smoker for an hour before braising if you desire a smokey flavor.
The Park City Area Restaurant Association (PCARA) is welcoming locals and visitors back to its sixth annual Dine About event. The event will hold 24 Park City area restaurants offering seasonal two-course lunches and three-course dinners starting Monday, October 1 through Sunday, October 14 for a notable discount.
Stay Park City, the official lodging partner of PCARA, offers exclusive lodging packages for guests during the “Dine About” event. They will be providing hand-picked accommodations situated in the heart of historic Park City. You can visit stayparkcity.com to book a special “Dine About” lodging offer by using the “STAYPC” discount code for an exclusive PCARA discount.
Two-course lunch: $10 and $15 per person
Three-course dinner: $20 or $40 per person
Visit parkcityrestaurants.com for more information and a list of participating restaurants.