We are so excited to have Krista Numbers back in our kitchen. And today she shared the recipe for her make ahead hearty chili!
Make Ahead Hearty Chili
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 lbs. lean ground beef
- 2 cans (14-1/2 oz each) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (8 oz each) tomato sauce
- 2 cans (4 oz each) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1-1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- hot cooked rice or pasta
- optional toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream, and sliced green onions.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add green peeper, onion and garlic; cook 3-4 minutes until tender.
- Transfer to a 6 qt. slow cooker.
- Working in batches if necessary, cook beef in the sam skillet over medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes until no longer pink. Break meat into crumbles then transfer to slow cooker.
- Stir tomatoes, tomato sauce, chilies, parsley and seasonings into beef mixture.
- Cook covered on low for 6-8 hours to allow flavors to blend.
- Serve with rice and toppings as desired.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled chili in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water or broth if necessary.
To find more great recipes from Krista visit simplifysupper.com.
This story includes sponsored content.