The Red, White and Snow event is a three day festival that will raise funds for programming and services for the National Ability Center, a non-profit organization that provides adaptive recreation and outdoor adventures for individuals of all abilities to build self-esteem, confidence and lifetime skills.
Red, White and Snow will take place March 7-9 at multiple venues in Park City, and connects attendees with winemakers, vineyard owners, and local and nationally renowned chefs through wine-tastings and gala dinners.
Chef Chris Gibson from Deer Valley Mountain Resort and Honorary Chef for the 2019 Red, White and Snow event joined us to share his recipe for Lobster Chowder from the upcoming festivities.
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 leek whites chopped
- Lobster stock to cover all in a pot
- Simmer all vegetables together until tender.
- Add lobster stock and bring to a simmer.
- Puree in batches until very smooth, reserve.
- 3 C dry white wine
- 2 quarts heavy cream
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1/4 C peppercorns
- Tops from chopped leeks
- Add wine to a large pot and reduce by half.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer until reduced by half.
- Strain through chinoise.
- Mix soup base and cream reduction and season to taste.
- Heat soup gently in a heavy bottomed pot.
- Saute lobster meat (reserved from shells of lobsters used for the lobster stock), with brunoise of shallot and blanched diced Yukon potatoes in butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup into bowls and add the lobster/potato saute.
- Garnish with Pimenton de la Vera (hot smoked Spanish paprika) and sliced chives.
For more information on Red, White and Snow visit redwhiteandsnow.org.