Casey Hansen shared how she cooks with oils by sharing her lemon berry swirl dessert recipe.
Lemon Berry Swirl Dessert
- 1 32oz Vanilla Yogurt
- 1 Large Vanilla Pudding
- 1 8 oz Whipped Cream
- 2-3 cups Frozen Berry Medley- (2 bags)
- 2-3 Drops Lemon Essential Oil *
- Add yogurt, pudding and drops of essential oils into a medium bowl, whisk until pudding is fully dissolved and incorporated.
- Add whipped cream and gently fold together.
- Just before serving add frozen berries and gently combine.
- The berries will add beautiful swirls to the creamy mixture.
Casey noted a few things to remember when cooking with essential oils. Not all essential oils are created equal, use a high-quality pure essential oil. Look for the supplement facts on the side of the bottle. They will be GRAS (generally regarded as safe) to use in food. It is always easier to add more but very hard to take away oils. Start with one drop or less at a time. Add to a spoon or swirl with a toothpick for better control when adding to food.
Visit Instagram @rocknitwithoils for more oil tips and tricks.