(Good Things Utah) Chelsea Price with Priceless Bakes is in studio and showing us how to make the perfect for you Chocolate Chip Cookie!
- 1 C. AP flour
- 1 1/2 C. bread flour
- 1 Tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 baking soda
- 1 1/2 Tsp kosher salt
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 c browned butter
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- 4 Oz semi-sweet chocolate bar chopped well 4 Oz milk chocolate chips
- Start by browning your butter.
- Place 8 oz. butter in a medium saucepan, Cook on medium low heat till amber in color and fragrant. Remove from heat and add 1 TBSP milk. Let butter cool.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer. Add both of your sugars. When butter is cooled down add to your sugars.
- Beat together for 5 minutes or until sugar crystals are dissolved. Next add eggs and egg yolks. Beat again till the batter turns a pale color.
- While your batter is mixing, stir together the flours, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- When your batter is ready add in the flour mixture. Mix till the dough just comes together.
- Chop chocolate coarsely and add to batter.
- Be sure to get all those yummy shards of chocolate into the batter. Those get so melty and add to the bite of the cookie. Mix again just until combined.
- Scoop out 2 Oz dough balls chill for 1 hour up to 24 hours.
- When you’re ready to bake, preheat the oven to 365F for 10-12 minutes
- When they come out of the oven, sprinkle them with coarse sea salt.
- Let sit for 5 minutes, grab a glass of milk and enjoy!
For more Recipes and information about Chelsea and Priceless Bakes, Visit her website.