Nicea shares the recipe for her favorite soup!
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage
- 2 C onions
- 2 C mushrooms
- 1 C carrots, shredded
- 2 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 4 C chicken broth
- 1 can Italian style stewed tomatoes
- 1 C (14 1/2 oz) bowtie pasta
- 2 C fresh spinach
- 4 tsp. thinly sliced basil
- 1 C fresh mozzarella cheese, diced
- Brown sausage and add onion, sauté until soft.
- Stir in mushrooms and garlic, sauté.
- Add broth and tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Stir in pasta and simmer until cooked (about 10 minutes).
- Add spinach and cook until wilted, (about 1 minute).
- Put cheese in bowls and pour soup over.