Stacy Springer of Einstein’s Kitchen joins us to share a simple and healthy recipe. She is focusing on low carbs and fewer processed foods for these keto friendly fajitas.
Keto Friendly Fajitas
- 1 1/2 lbs. Sirloin Steak (choice/prime grade preferred)
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 4 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp liquid smoke ( she recommends Hickory)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 2 Bell peppers, sliced
4 C Mexican shredded cheese
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 C salsa
- 1 C grated Mexican blend cheddar cheese
- 1 C sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- Spread cheddar cheese into four 6 ich circles, placed 2 inches apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese melts and is lightly brown, 6-8 minutes.
- Cool for 2 to 3 minutes before lifting with a spatula. Place over wooden spoon wrapped in aluminum foil balanced over 2 cups/bowls.
- Let taco shells cool completely, about 10 minutes.
- Slice sirloin steak into thin strips or small cubes and place in bowl.
- Slice your onion, peppers and avocado.
- Take 1 Tbsp of lime juice and drizzle over avocado to prevent browning.
- Combine spices and add to bowl with steak. Toss to cover all sides of the meat.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium/high heat. Add in steak and drizzle 1/2 lime juice and liquid smoke over steak. Brown 4-5 minutes each side.
- In separate skillet add oil to medium high heat and add onion and peppers until softened and reduce to medium heat. Season with salt and pepper as you go.
- Remove steak and drizzle the remaining lime juice over the meant and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Fill your cheese shells sliced steak and onion/peppers.
- Top with avocado, cheese, salsa and sour cream.