Chef Nettie Frank, owner and creator of Beyond Glaze Bakery joined us to share her homemade croissant dough.
Her bakery is full of doughnuts, croissants and pastries baked fresh daily! They also offer gluten free items and cater for special events or just another day in the office!
- Salt .50 oz (small) or .25 oz (single)
- Sugar 1.50 oz (small) or .75 oz (single)
- Flour 28 oz (small) or 14 oz (single)
- Yeast 1 oz (small) or .5 oz (single)
Mix dry ingredients together
- Milk 2 C (small) or 1 C (single)
- Butter 2.67 oz (small) or 1.33 oz (single)
- Add to the dry mixture and beat with bread mixer for 8 minutes.
- Take out and put on parchment and cover as a dough ball and put in the fridge overnight. Set out butter for morning.
- Roll out dough to 1/4″ and spread butter on 2/3 and fold over 1/3 and over 1/2 so butter is covered.
- Roll out and fold again and again, roll out and fold.
- Let rest 6 hours in fridge then take out and roll and fold 2 more times, then back into the fridge for 4 hours.
- Take out and roll 1/4″ then cut into triangle.
- Add ham and cheese and other fillings and roll big end to small.
- Egg wash then proof for 20-25 minutes.
- Then bake at 350 F for 22-25 minutes, until dark golden brown.
For more information visit beyondglaze.com and find Nettie on Facebook and Instagram: @beyondglazebakery