Thanksgiving may be over but the leftovers from holiday feasts are just beginning! Chef Trent Campbell joined us to share a creative way to use up what’s left in the fridge.
Holiday Leftover Sandwich
- 2 cups butternut squash, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 Arnold Multigrain Sandwich Thins® Rolls
- 1 cup turkey, roughly cut or sliced
- 2 tbsp cranberry jam
- 4 slices of turkey bacon, prepared according to package directions
- 4 tbsp herbed goat cheese
- Prepare the butternut squash:
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add butternut squash cubes to a tinfoil lined baking sheet and toss with olive oil and a few pinches of salt.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, stirring halfway through, until each cube is tender and slightly caramelized.
- Remove from heat, add to a medium sized bowl, and mash using the back of a fork.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired. Set aside.
- Prepare the sandwich: Add half of the butternut squash mixture to the bottom of both halves of the 2 Arnold Multigrain Sandwich Thins® Rolls.
- Top each one with half of the turkey, half of the cranberry jam, and half of the turkey bacon.
- Smear 2 tbsp of the herbed goat cheese onto each top half of the 2 Arnold Multigrain Sandwich Thins® Rolls and place on top of the sandwich before serving.
For more delicious recipes like this call Shylo’s mobile cafe at (801) 864-8786 or visit shylosmobilecafe.com.