Herbed Shrimp Croistini
From Chef Lesli Sommerdorf for Harmons
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp crème fraîche
- 2 tsp lemon juice, divided
- 1/2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp minced fresh tarragon
- 1 tsp minced fresh chives, plus more for garnish
- 8 oz shrimp, peeled, deveined, cooked and coarsely chopped
- 1 avocado
- 24 (1/2”-thick) slices toasted baguette
- Spanish smoked pepper
In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, crème fraîche, 1 tsp. lemon juice, lemon zest, 1 tsp. tarragon, and chives. Fold in shrimp and season with salt.
In a small bowl, mash avocado with the remaining 1 tsp. lemon juice and season with salt.
Spread avocado on toasts and top with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with smoked pepper and chives and serve.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 4 cups cooked black-eyed peas
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced, green part only
- 1 Tbsp fresh oregano
- 1 Tbsp Tabasco sauce
- 1 Tbsp Worchestershire sauce
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 canned or fresh jalapeño chiles, chopped
- 1 (14-oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
Mix everything together, chill for four hours. Serve with tortilla or corn chips.