Our friend Nakia Armstrong was in the kitchen today, showing us the most incredible gluten-free Levain style cookies! We love learning from Nakia how to keep amazing flavor while cooking for those with allergies. Pour yourself a glass of cold milk, and try it out asap! Follow along with Nakia’s recipes on instagram at @gonna.eat.that
- ¾ C Walnuts chopped
- 2 1/3 C Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1 C Cold Butter, Cubed
- ¾ C Granulated Sugar
- ¾ C Soft Light Brown Sugar
- 2 ½ C GF Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 LG eggs; whisked
1. To the mixer add the cold butter and mix it about 30 seconds to break it up.
2. Add the sugars, mix again 30 -40 seconds.
3. Add the chocolate and walnuts, mix until it is just combined
4. Add the flour, salt baking soda, and baking powder; mix about 30-40 seconds. It should be crumbly like bread crumbs.
5. Add eggs; mix it until it forms a dough. It should not be too wet.
6. Measure out to about 4.5 oz.; form into a loose ball and place on a firm plastic cutting board (Makes about 12). Wrap in plastic wrap and place in the freezer for about 1 ½ hours or longer.
7. Preheat parchment lined cookie sheet in oven at 356°
8. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden; Cool 5 minutes.