BBQ Grilled Meat Loaf
Recipe from Stacy Springer Einstein’s Kitchen Executive Chef/Owner EKBites.com
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Grill method: Med-low heat( 300F)
Grill Time 50-60 Minutes or internal temperature 162F
- 1.5 lbs Ground beef
- 1 lb Pork or Turkey (ground)
- 2 cups Bread crumbs
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp. Liquid Smoke
- 1 Small onion diced
- 1 tbsp. minced Garlic
- 1 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 C. BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 C. Ketchup
1. Heat Grill. Make sure it’s clean.
2. In a large bowl combine all meat loaf ingredients. Using your hands to make sure all seasonings are evenly mixed.
3. Remove meat and shape into two equal loafs and put on separate plate. 4. Mix together sauce.
5. Portion out ¼ c. sauce and spread on top of both loaves.
6. Use oil to coat grill grates to prevent sticking.
7. Place each loaf on the grill with sauce on top.(BBQ sauce will burn with direct contact to grill)
8. Turn heat to Med/Low about 300-350 F/
9. Close lid and set timer for 50 Minutes.
10. Check internal temperature of loaf. Looking for 160-165 F.
11. Removed from grill. Set on clean plate and cover.
12. Let rest for 5- 10 minutes before serving.