If you’re looking for the perfect appetizer to bring to the 4th of July BBQ, this is for you! Ricci Sorensen joined us to share her recipe for grilled jalapeño poppers!
Grilled Jalapeño Poppers
Heat grill (medium heat)
16-18 large jalapeños (halved and seeded)
- 1lb. Sliced Button mushrooms (large container)
- 1 medium onion (small dice)
- 6 cloves of garlic (presses or fine diced)
- 1 T Fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- Salt (generous) and pepper
- Optional 1/4-1/2 crushed peppers flakes (This will add a little heat!)
- 1 box of Miyoko’s Double Cream Chive cheese wheel
- In a food processor process your mushrooms into a a fine chunks, works best to do it in two batches so the processor isn’t over whelmed. Going for a ground sausage look.
- Heat a sauté pan to medium, heat a little avocado oil.
- Add mushrooms, diced onions, garlic, and spices.
- Sauté until the mushrooms are soft, may have to turn down the heat
- When soft, remove from heat and let cool a little. Place in a bowl with the cheese and fold together.
- Lay all jalapenos out on a sheet pan, makes for easy transport to the grill.
- Stuff a spoon full in every jalapeno half.
- Grill until bottom of jalapeno is blackening and looks tender.
- Enjoy! Remember these are delicious so make plenty because they disappear quickly!
For more yummy recipes visit Ricci’s Instagram page @reallifewithricci.