Laura’s Cactus Pad
I have attached the recipe for Greek Lemon Chicken & Potatoes.
Laura Burkhard, from Laura’s Cactus Pad, shared her favorite chicken recipe.
Greek Lemon Chicken and Potatoes
- 2 pounds of yellow or russet potatoes, cleaned, each cut lengthwise into 4-6 wedges
- 4 boneless chi 4 boneless chicken breasts, skin on (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 4 boneless chicken breasts (8 ounces each) or combination whole cut up chicken
- 1/2 Avocado Oil (or olive oil)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 Lemons (fresh lemon juice)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Greek dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley, plus more for garnish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or canned low-sodium chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Whisk oil, lemon juice, oregano, mustard and parsley in a medium bowl to blend; season with salt and pepper.
- Toss potatoes and chicken with 1 cup vinaigrette on a heavy, large, baking dish. Reserve the remaining vinaigrette.
- Pour chicken stock around potatoes and season potatoes and with salt and pepper.
- Roast potatoes, chicken until tender and golden brown, turning occasionally, about 30- 35 minutes.
- Remove chicken and cover with foil, let rest for 10 minutes.
- Continue cooking potatoes for 10-15 minutes until tender.
- Transfer to a serving platter and drizzle with the remaining vinaigrette and more chopped parsley.