(Good Things Utah) D’Arcy Vandenberg shared her recipe with the ladies this morning for Elvis Presley’s Fried Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich!
From Warner Brothers Pictures comes visionary director Baz Luhrmann’s highly anticipated big-screen spectacle, Elvis. Austin butler lights up the screen as the larger-than-life icon Elvis Presley, alongside Tom Hanks as his infamous manager, Colonel Tom Parker. Spanning three decades, Luhrmann’s drama takes audiences from Memphis to Las Vegas and all stops in between. The film’s soundtrack features classic Elvis hits as well as reinvented versions from some of today’s hottest artists, including Grammy winner Doja Cat. You can see Elvis in theaters on June 24th!
- 2 slices white bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- Place 2 pieces of white bread in the toaster on a light setting.
- Heat skillet over medium heat with 2 tablespoons butter. While the bread is toasting, in a small bowl, using a fork, mash the ripe banana until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Using a knife, take both pieces of the toasted bread and spread 2 tablespoons of creamy peanut butter, topping 1 side with the mashed banana.
- Place 1 slice of bread on top of the other forming a sandwich. Place the sandwich in a hot skillet, browning each side, flipping with a spatula, for about 2 minutes per side.
- Take out of the skillet, slice on a diagonal, and serve on a plate.