Items for Chick cupcake
- Yellow sanding sugar
- Chocolate Chips
- Yellow & orange food coloring
- Orange candies
- Tip 104 & 3
- Items for Bird Nest
- Green food coloring
- Tip 233 & 1M
- Speckled Eggs
- Buttercream Icing
Our Buttercream Icing recipe is perfect for spreading or decorating. Follow our instructions to make it the ideal consistency you need.
- 1/2 cup solid white vegetable shortening (Crisco)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter (not margarine) softened
- 1 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
- 4 cups C & H powdered sugar (approximately 1 lb.)
- 2 tablespoons water
Makes: About 2 ½ cups of icing.
- In large bowl, cream shortening, butter, vanilla & water with electric mixer.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often. When all sugar has been mixed in, beat until light and fluffy.
- For best results, keep icing bowl in refrigerator when not in use. Refrigerated in an airtight container, this icing can be stored 2 weeks. Rewhip before using.