Kaitlin Jones from maketheworldsweet.com joined us to share a very patriotic treat and shared her tips on how to execute it flawlessly!
(Makes 12 truffles)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
- Blue and red food coloring
- 8 oz white almond bark
- Red, white, and blue sprinkles
- Mix cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and graham cracker crumbs until combined.
- Divide batter into 3 bowls.
- Color one bowl red and one bowl blue
- Fill tablespoon sized cookie scoop with 3 colors of batter.
- Place truffle filling on cookie sheet covered with parchment.
- Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Roll filling into smooth balls then return to freezer for 5 min.
- Melt almond bark according to packaged directions.
- Drop each truffle in melted bark and spoon over truffle until covered.
- Scoop up truffle with fork and tap off excess chocolate.
- Place on cookie sheet and immediately sprinkle with sprinkles.
- Chill truffles at least 10 minutes until ready to serve.