Tess Piper and Luis Zamora from Zucca Trattoria joined us to share their recipe for Chicken Picata in conjunction with Ogden Restaurant Week.
- 6 oz Chicken Breast
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup White Wine
- 3 oz (¼ Cup + 2 TBSP) Chicken Stock
- 1 Tbsp Roasted Garlic- chopped fine
- 3 Tbsp Lemon Juice (2 TBSP if you want it less tart)
- ¼ Cup Heavy Cream (optional)
- 1 Tbsp Capers
- 2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat oil over med-high heat.
- When hot and add chicken. Sear both sides to a golden brown until chicken is done.
- When chicken is done add wine. Reduce to ½ the original liquid (about 30 sec- 1 min)
- Add chicken stock, roasted garlic, lemon juice and capers. Let simmer 2-3 min.
- Add Cream and simmer 1 min longer until sauce becomes frothy with large bubbles
- Add butter and cook an additional 2 min to thicken.
- Serve over mashed potatoes, rice, noodles or veggies.
Restaurant: Zucca Trattoria
Address: 225 25th St, Ogden, UT 84401
Phone Number: (801) 475-7077
Hours: Mon-Thr 11am-9pm, Fri-Sat 11am-10pm, closed Sunday
The 6th annual Ogden Restaurant Week is coming up April 12- 21. Twenty-five participating restaurants all within walkable downtown will be offering two-course lunch for $10.00 and three-course dinner for $17.00. Each restaurant will have a fixed menu for Ogden Restaurant Week (regular menu will also be available).
Reservations recommended and vouchers are not needed. Learn more at ogdenrestaurantweek.com. Follow them on Facebook and Instagram for gift card giveaways: @Ogden.Restaurant.Week