We brought some Texas charm into the kitchen! Charlotte Hancy joined us to share her recipe for Cheesy Poblano Drop Biscuits!
Cheesy Poblano Drop Biscuits
Makes 15 biscuts.
- 2 C all-purpose flour
- 1 TB baking powder
- 2 TB sugar
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ C melted butter plus 2 TB melted butter, divided
- 1 C milk (whole milk preferred)
- 1 poblano pepper, roasted and finely diced
- 1 TB olive oil
- 1 small yellow or sweet onion, finely diced
- 1 C shredded Colby jack cheese
- Roast poblano pepper by placing on a baking sheet under the broiler.
- Rotate the pepper every few minutes until all sides are blistered and blackened.
- Immediately place the pepper in a bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Leave for 15-20 minutes to steam.
- Turn off broiler and preheat oven to 450. (Can also be roasted on a hot grill or open flame)
- While the pepper is steaming, add oil to a small skillet and heat to medium high.
- Place diced onion in skillet and cook until onions are browned then set aside.
- Peel skin off of the pepper then remove stem and seeds.
- Finely dice the pepper and set aside.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Add ½ C melted butter and milk. Stir until just moistened.
- Fold in peppers, onions, and shredded cheese being careful not to over mix.
- Immediately drop by heaping tablespoons onto baking sheet (silicone baking mat preferred).
- Brush tops with remaining melted butter.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges turn to golden brown.
For more Texan recipes follow her on Instagram @texastasteinutah!