He or she… what will it be? If you’re looking for a creative way to reveal your baby’s gender, this is one way to tastefully do it!
Katelyn Brewer of Sweet Kate Bakery taught us how to make a gender reveal cake.
Checkerboard Pinata Baby Gender Reveal Cake
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 24 tablespoons (3 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 cup sugar
- 9 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon and 1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cup milk
- Pink or blue food coloring
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a cake pans with parchment liners; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time; scrape down bowl, beat in vanilla.
- Add flour mixture and milk alternately, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Finally add food coloring, gently fold in.
- Divide batter evenly among pans, about three-quarters full each. Bake
- until golden and tops spring back to touch, about 30 minutes.
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-6 Tablespoon heavy cream
- Beat your butter until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add in your sifted powdered sugar till well combined.
- Add in your vanilla and Heavy Cream until desired consistency.
See more of her creative creations on Instagram: @sweetkatebake