Salt Lake Magazine is a bi-monthly publication offering a curated selection of ideas of places to go, what to see, do and eat in and around Utah. The Salt Lake Magazine staff offers expert opinions and insight on local dining, entertainment, outdoor activities and shopping.
Chef Marco Stevanoni from VENETO Ristorante Italiano has landed a spot in this years Salt Lake Magazine for his award winning dish! Chef Stevanoni joined us with Mary Brown Malouf, editor of the magazine, to share his carbonara dish.
- 3 eggs
- Aged pecorino cheese
- Black pepper
- Separate the yolk of the egg from the white
- Grate pecorino cheese
- Add grated cheese to yokes and mix
- Add black pepper
- Put mixed eggs on top of warm water to steam
- Dice guanciale into small cubes
- Pan fry guanciale until crispy
- Cook spaghetti in boiling water
- Once cooked, drain pasta and mix with egg mixture and crispy guanciale
- Plate pasta, adding cheese on top
Give this award winning dish a try and to keep up with SLC trends visit saltlakemagazine.com.