Chef Logen Crew from SLC Eatery, one of the newest restaurants to Salt Lake City, joined us in the kitchen today with a calamari appetizer and also sharing with us what will be on the menu this Valentine’s Day!
- 5.5 oz calamari
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 lime zest
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jalapeño sliced thin
- 3 green onions cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons cilantro aioli
- 1 each lime- juice
- 2 oz fried jasmine rice with tajin seasoning
- Cut calamari in half and clean out bodies. Clean tentacles of any cartilage or beaks. Once cleaned wrap tight in a towel to complete dry off all water so it doesn’t steam while cooking. Toss in marinade at least 20 min before cooking.
- Heat grill or cast iron pan on high. Once hit place calamari in pan or grill. Make sure to spread the calamari out so the pieces aren’t on top of each other to ensure even cooking.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add jalapeño and onion. Cook for 30 seconds longer. Once cooked place calamari in a bowl and season with salt, the lime juice and a splash of olive oil.
- Spread aioli on bottom of plate.
- Place calamari on top of aioli.
- Garnish with rice and more chopped cilantro .
Visit slceatery.com and Instagram & Facebook: @slceatery .