Beverly Astin was in our kitchen today to show us her sweet recipe for Bloomin’ Baked Caramel Apples. The recipe takes 1 hour in total time and yields 4 caramel apples.
Bloomin’ Baked Caramel Apples
- 4 good sized Granny Smith apples(or the apples of your choice)
- 4 Tbsp of rolled oats
- 4 Tbsp of granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1 cup on apple cider
- Prepared caramel sauce
- Cut off the tops of your apples
- Cut around the core, but not all the way to the bottom because you want it to be closed to make sure the filling doesn’t spill out.
- Use your knife to cut two to three circles in the perimeter around the hole where there core was(making sure you don’t cut all the way through to the bottom). It should have a bullseye effect.
- Turn the apple over so the top is face-down.
- Place the tip of your knife about a centimeter or so from the center of the bottom of the apple and cut down to the top of the apple. Do this all the way around the outside of the apple.
- Place them top side up into a deep-set baking pan.
- In a separate bowl, mix your oats, sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Divide mixture between the four apples and stuff it into the middle of each apple where the core used to be.
- Pour your apple cider over the apples so that it covers the bottom of your pan.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with caramel sauce.
If you are making single apples the measurements are:
- 1 tbsp of rolled oats
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 1 tbsp of melted butter
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of apple cider