Back-to-School Protein-Packed Pancakes
Makes four servings
- 2 Oakdell Omega-3 Brown Eggs
- 1 cup Kodiak Cakes Power Cakes: Protein Packed Flapjack & Waffle Mix
- 1 cup Water (you can add a little more if the batter seems too thick)
- 3 Tbsp butter (approximate)
- Desired toppings, such as Kodiak Berry Syrup, maple syrup, fruit, powdered sugar, butter
1. Prep your workstation: Preheat griddle or nonstick fry pan to medium heat.
2. Mix first three ingredients together just until combined (don’t overmix).
3. Add 1 tbsp of butter to the pan or griddle.
4. Pour batter into the pan, usually around ¼ cup per pancake. The number of pancakes cooked at a time depends on the size of your pan or griddle.
5. Cook until the first side is golden brown. You’ll know they are ready to flip when bubbles start to form and pop and on the top (uncooked side).
6. Add your desired toppings and enjoy.
***Extra tip: For an extra special pancake to start off the school day, pour the batter into the shape of your child’s first initial or school grade. If it needs a little help, you can use a knife to trim the edges to perfect your pancake shape.
Oakdell Egg Farms Omega-3 Brown eggs have six grams of protein and at least 300 milligrams of total omega-3 fatty acids. Oakdell Eggs are an excellent source of vitamin D and vitamin E, and no hormones or antibiotics are ever added, so you can be sure Oakdell Egg Farms eggs are very nutritious and good for you. · Visit www.oakdell.com for more details.
This story includes sponsored content.