Charlotte Hancey joined us with a cake that will top off any dessert spread at your next holiday party!
Andes Mint Bundt Cake
For the cake:
- 1 pkg devil’s food cake mix
- 1 pkg instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 C sour cream
- 1 C vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- ½ C warm water
- 1 C semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 C Andes mint chips
For the ganache:
- ¾ C Andes mint chips
- 1 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- ½ C heavy whipping cream
For the topping:
- 1 box Andes Mints, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix and pudding mix. Then add sour cream, oil, beaten eggs and water. Stir in the chocolate chips and Andes chips. Then pour batter into a well-greased 12 cup bundt pan.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until top is springy to the touch and a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool cake thoroughly in pan for at least 90 minutes before inverting onto a plate.
- To make the ganache, place 3/4 C Andes mint chips and unsweetened chocolate into a heat-safe bowl.
- Heat the 1/2 C heavy whipping cream in a small saucepan until it is just about to boil. Do not let it boil!
- Pour the hot whipping cream over the chips and chocolate. Using a whisk, stir the chocolate and cream together until combined. Let it cool for a few minutes then pour over the cake that has been inverted onto a plate. Immediately sprinkle the chopped Andes mints on top of the ganache.
Note: Andes Mint chips usually come in 10 oz bags. You’ll need 2 bags for this and will have leftovers.
For more recipes, visit her Instagram: @charlotte.shares .