Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches were so last year, so say hello to a week’s worth of non- sandwich lunch ideas you can make for your kids. Kendra Nani and her daughter Kristin joined us to show just how easy these lunches are to make.
- Personal pizza
- Turkey wraps with sweet potatoes crackers
- Fruit skewers and yogurt dip with cinnamon chips
- Traveling tacos
- Banana sushi
Kendra’s “recipe” to the perfect lunch is as follows:
A main dish consisting of a protein
- Healthy food that will keep your kids full until the end of the school day
- A veggie or fruit
- Kendra says this helps pace the meal, as you have to slow down to eat crunchy things and it balances the textures in the other part of the meal to make it feel complete
- Everything in moderation! Kendra’s special touch is a Hershey kiss to remind them that mom loves them
Adding in a lunchbox note or joke is also always a fun idea!