Forget traditional stuffing, Krista Numbers is serving up stuffing with a twist this Thanksgiving!
Croissant Mushroom Stuffing
- 10 large croissants, torn into bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoons thyme leaves, chopped
- 12 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup packed parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange croissants on 2 rimmed baking sheets in single layer. Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden and crisp. Remove from oven and turn heat up to 400 degrees. Grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- Meanwhile in a large sauce pan heat oil on medium heat. Add celery, onion, thyme, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook 10-15 minutes until vegetables begin to soften, stirring occasionally. Add mushrooms, cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Add the croissants to the vegetable mixture. Then add eggs, parsley, sugar and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Fold to combine well. Transfer to prepared baking dish. Bake covered, 20 minutes. Uncover and bake another 10 minutes or until deep golden brown and crisp on the top.
For more recipes, visit simplifysupper.com.
This story includes sponsored content.