Ryan Gwilliam from Train Walk Poop joined us to share a fun game you can play with your pup to train their nose.
- Gather several boxes and scatter them around the floor.
- Place a small dog treat in one of the boxes without letting your dog see. Let her wander box to box to sniff it out.
- Try not to help her or direct her; she’ll focus more on you than finding the treat.
- As your pup figures out the game you can flip them upside down, stack them, or make an obstacle course of sorts to make it more of a challenge.
- Try cutting small holes in the boxes so your dog can stick her nose in.
This game helps with problem solving too as your dog figures out how to get to the treat. Try playing it on a rainy day like today!
For more information on training your pup visit trainwalkpoop.com.