The spring issue of Utah Style and Design magazine has just hit the newsstands! Brad Mee, Editor-in-Chief of the magazine joined us to share the latest trends they are seeing right now in home design and decor plus, tips on how to incorporate them into your space.
1. Brave Use of Color – Use shots of color to enliven rooms. Play it up against a neutral background or use vivid colors with soft pastels. Yellow-green is the color to watch.
2. Natural Wood Finishes – Mix it up by pairing dark and light wood tones in a single room or setting. Try warm honey wood tones to give a more natural look than dark ebony woods of the past. Watch for horizontal graining.
3. Pattern Play – Wall tile and wallpaper serve as big design statements. Or take the boldness to the floor with patterned tiles or solid tiles laid in eye-catching designs.
4. Small Space Living – Make a little room look and feel large by using reflective surfaces, light and airy furnishing, and smart storage.
5. Distinctive Lighting Fixtures – Bring a new brightness to your space with singularly sensational lights. Chandeliers, pendants and sconces can serve as key design elements in a range of rooms, from kitchen to bath.
To find more decor inspiration, pick up the latest issue of Utah Style and Design at your favorite newsstand or visit utahstyleanddesign.com. Find them on social media @utahstyledesign.