Stylist Preston Tait stopped by the show today to help us plan and organize a suitcase. Here are a few tips that Preston gave to help cut down on bulk but still maximize your style.
- Plan your outfits prior to packing by laying them out!
- Wearing print tees or patterned tops allows you to not worry about a necklace as an accessory. You can just bring earrings!
- For a four day trip, bring 3 pairs of bottoms and 6 tops. People notice the change of tops more than bottoms. You won’t look like you are wearing the same thing again and again.
- The right swim suit “cover up” could easily double as a cover up and a dress!
- When packing a jacket for spring and summer, a lighter denim jacket goes with so many outfits.
- Stash socks and undies in shoes! Saves space and help the shoes hold their shape.
- One pair of black and one pair of brown shoes will pair with almost any outfit combo that you have.
- There are 196 different combo options from this one suitcase!
- Don’t get rid of old pillow cases! Use them to pack shoes!
For more style and organizing tips follow Preston on Instagram @preston_tait