What parent doesn’t want their kid to spend less time on devices? A local business created a children’s clothing line that encourages kids to get outside! Cameron Olthious, the founder of Sawyer, joined us to share tips on how to get your kids outside and places to take them once they’re out.
How to get your kids outside:
- Lead by example. Go out and play outside!
- Create rules that limit device time or make device time an earned reward.
- Invite friends/neighbors over or create playgroups.
- Use devices that identify bugs, trees, animal tracks, stars/planets, etc. Such as the app called Geo Caching or Photo Safari!
- Let your kids play outside unsupervised.
- Get them a bike, scooter, skateboard.
5 great places to take your kids outdoors:
- Wheeler Farm.
- Utah one of the best outdoor states! Visit the Wasatch Mountains, the Uinta Mountains, or one of Utah’s 5 National Parks!
- Go to the outdoor pool
- Enjoy fruit picking or the farmer’s market!
- Somewhere simple like park or backyard – have your kids adventure on a nature scavenger hunt, or plant a garden.
If you are interested in Sawyer’s clothing line visit besawyer.com fast because they are offering a promo for our viewers! Use the code ‘GTU’ at checkout before midnight on 7/20/2018 and you’ll receive 20% off your order!