Heather Paulsen loves sewing, and she wants other people to learn and enjoy it as well! Today she’s teaching how to make a pencil skirt using this tutorial online:http://feathersflights.com/2018/04/free-pencil-skirt-pattern-with-no-hem.html
- Use the printable and your measurements to cut out your skirt piece.
- Sew the side seams with a zigzag.
- Fold the skirt on the bottom edge and pull one inside of the other. This encloses the seams and helps you avoid a hem.
- Add elastic to the waist and fold over.
She is on a panel of sewists from all around Utah and they all sew their own clothing. They have learned how to love their very unique bodies, their special shapes, and what their style is.
Heather is teaching this class and some other classes at Utah Quilting and Sewing Market in their Spool School. The Spool School is hands-on classes that you don’t have to pay the registration fee, but all the supplies are provided. All of her classes are for beginners but anyone will enjoy the classes. She will be teaching a pencil skirt with no hem, a circle skirt with no hem, a tote bag with leather handles, and a lace applique. She’s also giving a lecture about refashioning and upcycling.
To sign up visit https://www.downunderdiversions.com/events-page.htm#spoolschool
Find more online at:
- Heather Handmade – www.heatherhandmade.com
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/heatherhandmade
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/heatherhandmade1