Samandra Vieira from Hold Bindery walks you through the steps of making your own crafty journal. It is always great to have a journal to have with you for work, school and everyday life and here are the steps to show you just how easy it is for you to make at home.
What you will need:
- 1 sheet of decorative paper (Paper Source)
- 1 piece of heavy cover paper (6PLY) (Blick Art Materials)
- 4 sheets of paper (The Paper Store and More)
- 2 needles
- 1 awl
- Wax thread
- 1 ruler
- 1 bonefolder
- 1 paper knife
- Cut the decorative and heavy paper just a few millimeters bigger than the inside pages and spray the glue to have it together.
- Fold the paper in half. Use the bone folder to make a crease. I like to use a simple ruler to cut the paper in half. I do it this way because I like the texture that comes from cutting the paper with the ruler. But you can also cut the paper in half using a paper knife.
- After cutting all the 3 pages in half, stack the 6 pages that you will have now and fold them all together in half.
- Using the spare paper sheet, I created a template to make the holes in the pages. Use a pencil to mark a dot with 1/4 of inch distance. Put your template on the top of the stacked sheets and make holes with the awl on the marked dots. Do the same with the cover.
- Using the two needles, each one in one side, start to sew the book by going through each hole, and then after you finish doing that with the first needle, do the same with the second. Make a knot at the end.
- You can also print a label to name your notebook, round the corners, and personalize as you wish.
There you have it, enjoy the art of crafting your own journal! If you don’t have the time to make you own or liked the product Vieira makes herself you can get 10% off using the code ABC4. Visit: holdbindery.com