Heather Feather joined us with a unique craft that would make for the perfect baby shower gift. This cute project only takes a half hour or less!
- Hems of pants – the more durable the better
- Sewing supplies *
- 12″ of 1/4″ elastic *
- Free baby shoe sewing pattern
- Cut out pattern pieces along the hem. Transfer markings.
- Cut two slits for elastic on hem allowance of the top piece.
- Pin top piece to the bottom piece lining up the notches. Then pin the back piece to the
- bottom piece over the top lining up the notches.
- Sew with a 1/8″ all around the shoe. Turn right side out.
- Cut a 6″ piece of elastic.
- Use a safety pin to insert elastic through the back hem and up through the front two slits.
- Sew the elastic together overlapping it about 1/2″.
- Do the same with the other shoe.
For more sewing DIY’s, visit feathersflights.com.