Sharon Smoot from Simply Sweet Co. taught us how to make her favorite caramel apple recipe.
- Granny Smith Apples
- Over the counter fruit wash or lemon juice
- Baking Soda
- Apple Sticks or popsicle sticks
- good quality white chocolate
- Granulated sugar
- Remove wax from apples by either using a commercial fruit spray (found in the produce section at the grocery store) or fill your sink with about 6″ of warm water, 1 TBSP lemon juice and 1 TBSP baking soda.
- Let soak for a few minutes and scrub with a vegetable brush.
- Dry apples thoroughly.
- Insert stick into the bottom of the apple
- Mix 1 cup sugar with 1 Tbsp. cinnamon. Set aside.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 1 stick butter
- Heat over medium low heat until candy reaches 225 degrees
- If using immediately allow to cool to 180 degrees before dipping. Dip apple into caramel making sure to completely cover it.
- Cool and let sit until caramel is set.
- Melt white chocolate in microwave or on double boiler, very slow making sure not to burn.
- Once chocolate is completely melted and smooth dip cool apple into chocolate, coating apple completely.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mix.
- Cool until set.
Visit www.SoSimplySweetCo.com to place your order.