For the eighth consecutive year, several local dance studios are coming together for the Dance for Life benefit concert and pajama project. The annual concert—to be held December 9, from 1:45pm to 7:30pm at Viewmont High School—brings the local dance community together with the purpose of collecting pajamas, books and donations for children in need.
Each participating studio will spend the weeks leading up to the concert collecting new pajama and book donations for children of all ages to be delivered to several chapters of the Utah Foster Care Foundation, as well as several other local shelters and charity foundations.
“So many of us have grown up with the tradition of opening a new pair of pajamas on Christmas Eve,” continued Moore. “We want to give others that same opportunity. We feel like this is a wonderful way to not only help even our youngest dancers grasp the concept of giving, but also create more holiday spirit and joy at the same time.”
If you would like to participate, you may deliver donations directly to any of the participating studio locations, as well as attend the Dance for Life benefit concert to be held December 9, from 1:45pm to 7:30pm at Viewmont High School in Bountiful, Utah.
- Pajamas must be new
- All sizes needed, from preemie to adults
- Donations may be dropped off at participating studio locations, as well as at the night of the concert
- Books and money donations also accepted
Participating Studio Locations:
- Expressions Dance- 128 W Parrish Lane, Centerville, UT
3221 S. Highway 89, Bountiful, UT
- Studio 56 Dance- EAST Murray Studio 700 E 5600 S
WEST Murray Studio 170 W Winchester St. Murray, UT
- Jazz Dancer Studios- 1274 W 450 N, Layton, UT
1101 Draper Pkwy, Draper, UT
- The Movement Dance Center- 3567 W 1800 N, West Point