Do you ever find yourself looking for a little happiness, and then life falls apart? Divorce, job loss, diagnosis. Then what about the wake: destruction and despair. What if happiness isn’t the answer? How do you get from mere temporary happiness to a more stable “Joy?” Motivational Speaker, Ganel-Lyn Condie, shared some of her tips to finding a deeper joy in life.
Happiness is external; it’s based on situations, events, people, places, things, and thoughts. Happiness is linked to that ‘someday when …’ future-oriented: -married, -raise, -the baby sleeps thru the night. Happiness isn’t bad; it is just temporary. Think of it as “fun.”
Can you have ‘joy’ in every circumstance? If you aren’t Mother Teresa? It is a more profound, long-lasting feeling. More spiritual or internal. We can cultivate inner and deep abiding joy.
- Practice mindfulness.
- Joy comes in noticing: the sunrise, a baby at the park swinging and laughing.
- Peace/Acceptance. We are all works in progress.
- Joy comes when you make peace with who you are – where you are.
- Guard against comparisons
- Doesn’t mean you aren’t progressing. Plan B brings hope.
- Spiritual practices
- Daily gratitude list
For more information head to ganellyn.com