If putting away Christmas decorations has you down, chin up! Hillary Harris of Hillary Harris Design said this can be an opportunity to redesign your space and motivate you for the new year.
Hillary said to not put your regular decor back where it was after Christmas is put away. Instead, look at your space and give good thought to what it needs. Look for texture and specific elements to add back into a space that make it cozy but with clean lines. The de-cluttered feeling may actually motivate you to achieve some of those New Years goals!
Consider adding the following when sprucing up your room:
- Branches and twigs
- Textured, fur, velvet, and/or oversized pillows to a sofa
- Adding a throw to a bed or sofa
- Big coffee table elements, (keep to 3 statement pieces)
- Wood textures through art, wall Hangings or vases
- Add new greenery to your space
The key takeaway is don’t be afraid to branch out and try new looks! If you have questions about your specific space, email Hillary at email@example.com and find her on Instagram: @hillaryharrisdesign and Facebook: Hillary Harris Design.