Shyloh tested out the ever popular trend on Pinterest: Natural Egg Dye. See if she thinks it’s worth the time and cost, and go ahead and try for yourself.
All Natural Egg Dye
Ingredients for Different Colors:
- Bluish-Gray: 1 cup of blueberries mixed with 1 cup of water. Bring to room temperature and remove the blueberries.
- Blue: Cut 1/4 head of red cabbage in chunks and put in 4 cups of boiling water. Stir in 2 T of vinegar. Let cool to room temp and remove the cabbage.
- Jade Green: Peel the skin from 3 red onions and let simmer in 2 cups of water for 15 minutes.Take out the onions and add 1.5 tsp of vinegar.
- Orange: Take the skin of 3 yellow onions and simmer in 1 cup of water for 15 minutes. Take out the skins and add 1.5 tsp of vinegar.
- Faint red-orange: Stir 2 T Paprika into 1 cup of boiling water, add 2 tsp of vinegar.
- Yellow: Simmer 4 oz chopped carrot tops in 1.5 cups of water for 15 minutes. Take out the carrot tops and add 2 tsp of vinegar.
- Pink: Cut 1/4 beet into chunks and add 1 cup of boiling water. Stir in 2 T of vinegar and let cool to room temp. remove the beets.
- Lavender: Mix 1 cup of grape juice and 1 T of vinegar.
For the best results, leave eggs in dye overnight.
For more detailed recipe instructions, you can visit www.ShylohBelnap.com. Also, visit Shyloh’s Instagram @shylohb