Maria Millet created the Instagram account @datenightsaltlake to help people fall in love with Salt Lake… and maybe each other with her list of great date ideas for fall!
- Progressive dinner down 9th & 9th
- Start with guacamole at Alamexo, then head to Mazza for their amazing salads, she recommends splitting a burger at Manoli’s for the main course, and then to Tradition to share a piece of their homemade pie!
- Take hot chocolate to go walk around Silver Lake and see the beautiful trees on the drive up.
- If you have time you can drive up guardsman pass. If you want dinner, go to Silver Fork Lodge after your walk!
- Go for a horseback ride around Antelope Island.
- Maria suggests randghorseandwagon.com
- HaleCentre Theatre is playing Wait Until Dark right now, which is perfect to get in the spooky Halloween spirit.
- Boo lights are going on at the Hogle Zoo.
- They have extended hours and the animals are still out, so it’s a lot of fun!
- If you want to start a new tradition go up to Brigham City to buy pumpkins from the local farmers. Or you can go to pumpkin town in Draper or Pumpkin days at Wheeler farm.
- This weekend, the aquarium is hosting a haunted day at the aquarium.
- This a fun way to just get out of the house.
- Oktoberfest is also going on right now at Snowbird.
- You can head up the canyon for fresh air, beer, bratwursts, and incredible entertainment.
Bonus! Go to a local bookstore and then out for dessert. Some examples she suggests are Kings and Tulie Bakery, Weller’s and ice cream, Central Book Store and Dough Co.
Maria also mentions to keep your eye out for great deals:
- The Natural History Museum
- Open late on Wednesdays and admission is only $5 per person.
- There is also the Salt Lake Gallery Stroll
- Once a month on a Friday.
- Galleries all throughout Salt Lake stay open late and have free admission.
There truly is so much to do in Salt Lake, but if you need suggestions Maria is your girl and her account is your best friend.
Be sure to follow her Facebook at Date Night Salt Lake and Instagram @datenightsaltlake.