Looking to keep the kids entertained while the turkey is cooking this Thanksgiving? Look no further. Casey Hansen joined us with three creative, DIY, activities using essential oils.
- Empty essential oil bottles
- Small droppers
- Shaving cream
- Acrylic paint
- Cardstock paper
- Fill small bottles ¾ full with 50/50 mixture of paint and water. Shake well and add dropper.
- If a couple drops of oil are still in the bottle it will help everything smell amazing. You can also add a few drops of a calming oil.
- Add and spread shaving cream on platter. Drop paint onto shaving cream. Swirl paint with kabob sticks to make cool designs.
- Lay paper onto shaving cream and paint design.
- Very carefully press down to let paint touch and stick to paper.
- Remove paper and set to the side for a few minutes.
- Use squeegee and scrap shaving cream off of paper revealing the art.
- Let dry
- 8 C flour
- 1 C vegetable oil
- 8-10 drops essential oil
- In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients.
- Mix with hands until well combined.
- Play and mold into any shape.
- Oil suggestions: lavender, wild orange and peppermint.
- Can be stored in an airtight container to use again.
*Note: More vegetable oil may be needed to reach a moldable consistency.
- 2 C flour
- 2 C water
- 1 C salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 5- 10 drops essential oils
- Combine all ingredients, except essential oils in large saucepan pan. Stir until combined. Set to medium heat. Stir ingredients with a spatula until a ball is formed. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Add essential oils and knead until combined.
- Refrigerate any left over play dough in an airtight container.
- Colored dough can be made by adding food coloring to the water.
- Oils suggestions: wild orange, lavender, peppermint, and lemon.
If you have any questions about oils, contact Casey via email, firstname.lastname@example.org or on Instagram: @rocknitwithoils .